Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Time Machine: The Building (By Allie Laird)

Ever since I stepped foot on the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown’s campus as a freshman, I knew that I wanted to change the world somehow.  At the time I did not know how I, a business major, would be able to change the world.  I had always had an interest in building things, probably thanks to both of my grandpas and dad for always allowing me to help when a project was underway at home.  During the next three years of my college career I began to have an interest in time travel, where this interest came from is beyond me.  I began to research and study it in my downtime and came to the conclusion that before I graduated in the upcoming year I would build my own time travel machine.  All I needed to do was find a place to build my machine and someone to possibly fund this project.  It had come to my attention that a famous young-adult chef was a student on campus and he too had an interest in time travel.  One day during the fall semester of my senior year, I had decided to email Chef Josh and to my surprise he was all for it and would fund my project with one stipulation, he would be the first person to use my time travel machine.  This was perfectly fine with me that he would be my “guinea pig” seeing as though that was his wish.



            With my first payment I traveled to Lowe’s and Home Depot near campus and purchased the supplies that I could buy which included wires, knobs, sheet metal, screws, and of course the heavy appliances that would allow me cut and assemble everything.  The equipment needed for the actual time travel part was rather easy to find online.  After purchasing my supplies I needed to figure out a spot on campus that could house my time machine and would be a secret hiding spot that no one knew about but me and Chef Josh.  We decided the perfect spot was a dark corner room in the basement of the library, because who really visits the basement on a normal basis.  Seeing as though it was now a week before thanksgiving break, I began to assemble my machine.  It took until the beginning of second semester until everything fit into place, no more wire fires or glitches in my computer.



             As everything was finally coming together, I received an anonymous message that warned me to not complete the making of my time machine.  Someone had ratted me out and somehow the government found out, at least that's what I suspected.  I finally felt comfortable about my machine without the fires and glitches and decided to set a date on when Chef Josh would be able to time travel.  We set the date for February 1, 2016.        
            The day finally came and I could not be more excited to finally see if my machine would work!  Josh and I had come to the conclusion that he would be traveling fifty years into the future and would be “landing” in the same place in the library once he got there.  As Josh climbed into the machine and I shut the door, I yelled into the machine so that way he could hear what I was doing.  I yelled in to tell him that in two more minutes I would pull the lever and once I did he would travel through time into the future of February 1,2066.  As I finished up a few last minute things my hands began to shake.  I was happy that Josh did not see this happening.  With two more inputs to put into my computer I yelled to Josh that in a minute I would pull the lever.  A minute went by and it was time for Josh to time travel.  With the pull of the lever I yelled to Josh to have a fun time and that I would see him back here when he was ready to come back to the present.

Next >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment